Edited by Linda Anderson
ACC. NO.: 75168 CALL NO.: 808.02 A545
Book Description: Creative Writing is a complete writing course that will jump-start your writing and guide you through your first steps towards publication. Suitable for use by students, tutors, writers’ groups or writers working alone, this book offers:
- a practical and inspiring section on the creative process, showing you how to stimulate your creativity and use your memory and experience in inventive ways
- in-depth coverage of the most popular forms of writing, in extended sections on fiction, poetry and life writing, including biography and autobiography, giving you practice in all three forms so that you might discover and develop your particular strengths
- a sensible, up-to-date guide to going public, to help you to edit your work to a professional standard and to identify and approach suitable publishers
- a distinctive collection of exciting exercises, spread throughout the workbook to spark your imagination and increase your technical flexibility and control
- a substantial array of illuminating readings, bringing together extracts from contemporary and classic writings in order to demonstrate a range of techniques that you can use or adapt in your own work.