PUBLISHER: Oxford University Press
ACC. NO.: 75319 CALL NO.: 620.1 B575
Book Description: The second edition of Engineering Mechanics is specially designed as a textbook for undergraduate students of engineering. It provides a detailed and holistic treatment of the basic theories and principles of both statics and dynamics.
- Basic concepts of statics and dynamics are presented using the vector approach.
- Dynamics of particles and dynamics of rigid bodies are covered separate.
- Includes a chapter on simple lifting machines
- Includes two new appendices-Appendix A on the timeline of important discoveries and inventions in classical mechanics and Appendix H on shear force and bending moment.
- Large number of solved examples and numerous illustrations are provided to reinforce the understanding of theoretical concepts.